Hunting Boards

a meeting place for hunters, houndsmen and outdoorsmen...

Deer beagles or hounds for sale

Covers all aspects of Rabbit Hunting and Beagles.

Moderators: oakhill, Moderators

Postby B.A. » Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:44 pm

Anyone know where I can pick up some seasoned deer beagles or hounds in Mississippi.I know its the end of season,but I would like to get back in the sport of deer doggin.I have beagles for rabbits and would prefer beagles for deer,but other breeds would be o.k. I guess.Thanks. :)
B.A.

Sponsor

Our site sponsors make this website possible. Please consider giving them a shot at your business. Thank you very much for visiting.

Postby swamprunner » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:56 pm

Cant help u in Mississippi but if u ever come through north carolina deer dogging is very big here people always with dogs to sale beagles and big dogs,we use mostly walkers but some people use beagle they dont drive deer as fast.
swamprunner
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby AlabamaSwamper » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:16 am

AH, YOU GET MY BLOOD STIRRING WITH THIS SUBJECT. I GREW UP DOING THIS IN NORTHWEST ALABAMA. I CURRENTLY DONT DO THIS ANYMORE, BUT I PRAY EVERY DAY THAT I WILL AGAIN. JUST RAISE SOME PUPS OUT OF YOUR RABBIT STOCK, START THEM ON RABBITS AND THEN THROW THEM IN THE WOODS. IF THEY WILL RUN RABBITS, THEY WILL RUN DEER. YOU DONT HAVE TO START THEM ON RABBITS, THATS JUST SOMETHING YOU CAN DO IF THEY ARE STARTING AGE IN THE SUMMER. I GUARANTEE THEY WILL RUN DEER EVEN IF THEY WONT TOUCH A RABBIT. REMEMBER, NO BORN BEAGLE IS DEER PROOF UNTIL TRAINED OTHERWISE.
AlabamaSwamper
Member Emeritus!
Member Emeritus!

Deer Broke

Postby Redtick » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:54 am

I reckon deer dogs should be fairly easy to come by. Around here, folks give them away. But, I am up here in the Land of Lincoln. I disagree with Al on this one, I truely believe deer running can be bred out of beagles. I have a strain of English Coonhounds that most pups naturally do not run deer. I believe it can be done with beagles also.
Dave Haugh
"show me the rabbit"
Lakeland Beagles
http://www.lakelandkennels.com
Redtick
Member Emeritus!
Member Emeritus!

Postby beaglehunter03 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:33 pm

You might can find someone that runs deer dogs local that might get you a couple deer dogs! ;)
John 3:17
Stand for something or fall for anything!
Dog box $500, Shock collar $600, Tracking collar $1,000, pick up truck 22,000, A kid shooting his first rabbit PRICELESS
Thanks Jeff
beaglehunter03
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby AlabamaSwamper » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:41 am

REDTICK, I DONT DISPUTE YOU ON YOUR BREEDING PROGRAM. HOWEVER, I WOULD BET THE HOUSE THAT IF YOU SENT ME A LITTER OF YOUR HOUNDS, I COULD HAVE THEM RUNNING DEER IN A MATTER OF DAYS.
AlabamaSwamper
Member Emeritus!
Member Emeritus!

Natural Instincts

Postby Redtick » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:01 am

If you kept exposing them over and over, it might be done but I can give you the names of alot of folks who will tell you their hound didn't need broke from deer, the naturally never ran them. They prefer tree game. I think the same thing can be done with beagles.
Dave Haugh
"show me the rabbit"
Lakeland Beagles
http://www.lakelandkennels.com
Redtick
Member Emeritus!
Member Emeritus!

Postby bob » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:29 am

if you look at the beagles for sale online on this site,under adult some one just listed a female beagle deer dog in south carolina
bob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby runrabbitrun » Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:20 am

go to the want adds section on this web site and post what you are looking for. i did that and got four replies within 4 days, all had exactly what i was looking for.
runrabbitrun

Re: Deer beagles or hounds for sale

Postby Bunnyseeker » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:52 pm

B.A. wrote:Anyone know where I can pick up some seasoned deer beagles or hounds in Mississippi.I know its the end of season,but I would like to get back in the sport of deer doggin.I have beagles for rabbits and would prefer beagles for deer,but other breeds would be o.k. I guess .Thanks. :)
I know where there are some deer dogs(beagles) in Alabama for sale. What are you looking for?
Bunnyseeker
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby B.A. » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:28 am

I would like to have about 3 beagles that will burn a deer up.No walkie-talkies.Preferably blueticks,but it does not matter what breed or sex as long as they can smoke a deer.I have beagles of my own for rabbits and do not want to make my rabbit chasers deer chasers.What kind of price are you talking and where in alabama are you located.
B.A.

deer running beagles

Postby Bunnyseeker » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:39 am

These beagles are located in Pickens county.HE currently has four of them ---all female and wants $75.00 each. NOt sure exactly of the color but I have bought some from him before and they did exactly like he said.If you are interested let me know and Iwill see if we cannot make him a offer on all of them because I need another one myself.
Bunnyseeker
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

In you're in VA looking

Postby DDWBeagles » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:43 pm

I have a pure bred large male Black & Tan Coon Hound that is a deer runner. He is LOUD and fast. So, if you are in Virginia looking, I've got one. He is almost 3 years old and just entering his prime. His flaws: He only returns to the drop point about half of the time. I usually have to wait until someone picks him up a county or two away and gives me a call. So, if he is on a hot track, and the deer makes it past the standers, you have a 50/50 chance of going home without him. You could use tracking collars, but I'm not going to spend $1000 bucks for the one dog that needs it. I'd like to get $250 for him, but will consider all offers. He is pure bred, but does NOT have AKC papers. Due to his size, I can not ship, but would consider meeting you part way. I would also offer a 60 day "no questions asked" return/refund policy. He is a damn good deer dog and I have been honest about his flaws. You are getting him for less than half of what I paid for him. FYI: If you compete in the NKC, PKC, UKC, this hound is worthy of winning on the bench. Thanks :tongue:
DDWBeagles

Postby B.A. » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:47 pm

Bunnyseeker I sent you a private message.
B.A.

Return to Rabbit Hunting & Beagling