Hunting Boards

a meeting place for hunters, houndsmen and outdoorsmen...

Rabbit trap that works

Covers all aspects of Rabbit Hunting and Beagles.

Moderators: oakhill, Moderators

Rabbit trap that works

Postby randy329 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Posting for a friend

http://WWW.griffithbeagles.com

G&S Guillotine rabbit traps

G&S Guillotine rabbit traps
Are you tired of the same old box rabbit traps? You need to check out my G&S Guillotine rabbit traps, simply the best trap to catch wild rabbits. Have you tried the rest now buy the best..

Please look under rabbit traps on my page index.
randy329

Rabbit trap that works

Sponsor

Our site sponsors make this website possible. Please consider giving them a shot at your business. Thank you very much for visiting.

Re: Rabbit trap that works

Postby ncrabbitman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:07 pm

I donot want to hurt anybody feeling,But I will put my old rabbit boxes up with anything.I am not saying your trap will not catch one but to look at it it looks like it will take a long time to make one.I can make a rabbit box in 8 min.Now you might have a good summer trap but in the fall and winter I will catch that rabbit if he is there.
ncrabbitman
Pro Member
Pro Member

Postby hogbody » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Mr. Earl, how bout posting some pics of your rabbit boxes or try to explain how you make them and go about setting them and catchng the rabbit.
hogbody
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby ncrabbitman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:36 pm

OK I will have to get my wife to help me with the pic.I donot know how to do that.I just learnd last year how to turn the thing on.
ncrabbitman
Pro Member
Pro Member

Postby randy329 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:13 pm

First of all I do not claim originality in these traps. A friend of mine brought me one.
First of all, I do not claim originality in any of these traps. Brian Auton, a friend of mine, gave me the trap when he came to breed to Slab Town. He said they work. I laughed and said I'll try it. Now the rest of the story. If any of you have ever tried to trap rabbits as I have for the past five years, you will know it is very difficult, time consuming, and costly, gas, etc. This past year I caught ten wild rabbits locally around my house from November to January working everyday at it, using traditional boxes which seem to only work when it's cold and all other conditions are right. Let me cut right to the chase, I set (and I will name it) the G&S Guillotine and have caught five rabbits in it in the last two and a half weeks so I built me two more. I caught these rabbits in the month of April which is phenominal. So I have named this trap and now I'm going to make some available to the beagling community. Please find below three pictures of this trap. If you want to make your own, go ahead. It took me and two other guys three hours to make two. Hopefully we can get this down to a pattern and design template that will speed up the process. I have caught 8 rabbits in three days with this trap.... Two in one day in the same trap I emptied it in the morning reset it and had another one in the afternoon
randy329

Postby randy329 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:18 pm

randy329

Postby randy329 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:18 pm

randy329

Postby randy329 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:22 pm

NOTE APPLE RUBBED AROUND EDGE OF NEW PLYWOOD , BRAND NEW TRAP FIRST RABBIT ON THIS TRAP
randy329

Postby ncrabbitman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:33 pm

Randy the trap looks outstanded.And good job on catching them rabbits but here in NC we cannot trap rabbits only in hunting season.But what I trying to say is I have a lot of rabbits box that walks away and I will get very upset to have that time in that trap and it walk away.I hope you understand what I talking about.
ncrabbitman
Pro Member
Pro Member

Postby maple run joe » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:18 pm

how does it set? how does the trigger work?
maple run joe

Postby JWhite » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:42 am

I would also like to know more about how it is set and triggered. Looks like a good idea and I do need something else to help in trapping. Thanks.
JWhite

Postby randy329 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Guy's not my trap I posted this for Rev. Griffith you can email him at huntgriffith@aol.com or
visit his web site for more info http://www.griffithbeagles.com

I can tell you he is very excited about how this trap is working I think he would rather trap a wild rabbit than win a field trial.

Randy
randy329

Postby randy329 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:41 am

Thanks to all for the response preacher Griffith has so many orders for the traps he's taken a few days off running his dogs I know his dogs need the rest.... :whip:
randy329

Postby evan_in_bama » Mon May 05, 2008 10:14 am

Can someone who has seen one tell me how they work? What is the trigger?
evan_in_bama
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby flatpick » Mon May 05, 2008 12:48 pm

The center "post" has a notch near the top. There is a piece of thin metal(I use a piece of an old hacksaw blade) attached near the center hole on the top that the notched pole "grabs". When the center pole is moved, the top part falls. Very nice trap. Works well almost anytime of year.

Flatpick.
flatpick

Next

Return to Rabbit Hunting & Beagling