Hunting Boards

a meeting place for hunters, houndsmen and outdoorsmen...

Best beagle you ever saw run(Not your own)

Covers all aspects of Rabbit Hunting and Beagles.

Moderators: oakhill, Moderators

Postby Big Johnson's Kennel » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:27 am

Yes he did. As far as I know Mikie was his best. He's in a class all alone. Truly dominant in his time. I never saw his son Jackson run but his track record alone speaks for itself. I have seen Jacksons' son run, Sam. He's all that and a bag of chips! :whip:

Nate, BJK
"SPEED KILLS"
Big Johnson's Kennel

Sponsor

Our site sponsors make this website possible. Please consider giving them a shot at your business. Thank you very much for visiting.

Postby TC » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:48 am

I have not seen alot of hound run but the best I have seen so far would have to be FC Simonsons TJ Tracker From a Branko cross of his own breeding as far as males go he is a small hound and can he hunt chases to catch and does! I have seen him run 6 times this year and he has caught three rabbits that I saw. He also has the looks Won the NBC hunting group at the Beagle Nationals this year
Best female would be Salmoncreeks Shelby
From Show to Field From Field to Show the way it should be.
TC
Pro Member
Pro Member

Postby S.R. Patch » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:43 am

Have to go with Mikie also. I've seen this hound run down and eat many rabbits, 35lbs. of raw power. Saw a title on here that fits him perfectly, "rabbits fear me".

An amazing hound for sure...Patch
S.R. Patch
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Farwest » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:33 am

Lumber jack and Magnum force were impressive but I only got to watch them for a few hours each time.The best I have seen while hunting was a small 13" hound called FTC Fareast Black jack. owned by Allan MacInnis. He led the pack ,of 4 or 5 15" inch hounds, all day on snow.
Farwest
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby SMITTY1233 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:21 am

Never personally seen JR Top Gun Tyke run but my cousin is good friends with Ron Conroe the owner of Tyke and he said its the best dog he has ever seen run a rabbit. Good Speed, Great line control, Natrual check ability. I would love to see him run.
SMITTY1233
Pro Member
Pro Member

Postby Robert W. Mccoy Jr » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:28 pm

Smitty,

Give Ron a call he is a heck of a nice guy.

I wen't up and ran Duce with him last spring.

Those two really ran well toghather.
http://www.gunrunnersbeagles.com

If you don't gun hunt, how do you know you have gun dogs?
Robert W. Mccoy Jr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby Hare Hunter » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:42 pm

ARHA GRAND RABBIT CHAMPION Night Hawks Thunder, he was out of Waiska River Maximun Effort, he was a snow hound supreme, I have a daughter to him (Maximum Effort) that is 8 years old that can run a hare in deep snow and cold temps when others can't. Just my 2 cents worth. Hare
Hare Hunter
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby AVSpencer » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:16 pm

I have seen some good dogs run for an hour, even two hours, or all day hunting. However, I was fortunate that David Surber let me run Logan Elm Blue Skim for about a month and my brother ran him for about 4.
He just didn't make many mistakes while trailing a rabbit. He embarassed a couple of my 2 year olds in semi tough conditions more than once. He could claim a line nicely, run the track with good speed, and had good seach ability
AVSpencer

Postby SMITTY1233 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:41 am

I will eventually run with him. My cousin Dave runs with him off and on all year.
SMITTY1233
Pro Member
Pro Member

Previous

Return to Rabbit Hunting & Beagling